- Readers or Listener
- It’s very easy to figure this out
- If when you listen to an audiobook you can remember and understand things better then you are a listener
- If when you read a book you can understand everything then you are a reader
But this also Not that important sometimes:
- Whether you’re are reading or listing, at some point you will lose focus, you will not walk away always capturing everything
- And if you’re are not good at reading, if you keep reading and you’re are a-listers eventually you will get better at reading, just like I did
- But I always recommend you start with what comes easier to you, to then work on the hard things.
An ideal day for me is 1 hour of the audiobook at the gym and 2-4 hours of reading at home. ( audiobooks are hard to read when you doing nothing because it’s so easy to get distracted )
Tip: don’t overthink it, and try both.
- what books to read ( what you like and what benefits you ) – not everything that’s good for you will like though
- so I would do a mix ratio of 50-50 when first starting because eventually, you will start to like what benefits you more
- it’s like when you start eating good, and then you feel great and you try some McDonalds and your body has a meltdown.
- So when I first started I would try to read books I liked but always read a book that benefited me
Step by Step:
- Figure out what you like and interested in learning about
- My first books self-help books to change the way the way I think and my reactions to situations
- Then I focused on action books, that provide knowledge that you can go and easily apply it.
Tip: it’s okay to read drama, science fiction and so, but that’s the equivalent of watching a movie. So consider it entertainment.
- how many hours ( creating a schedule )
- this depends on the type of person you are and what you do with your day
- you’ll need to set three things up: where you will read, what time you will read and what date you will read
- so if I say I’m going to read 10 pages in the morning at around 7am, at my house before I go to work, you will eventually build that habit
- and eventually, you will want to read more than 10 pages
Extreme like I was:
- get audiobooks and normal books, and spend transportation time reading them, working time hearing them, and every block that you would usually waste on those books
- and not every book is equal but you have to be willing to read the books you disagree with, to get a full understand of the problems
- but some books are trash, and you instantly know, this is not something I want to read.
- how much to spend ( money wise )
- you can actually overspend on books for sure
- if you’ve read 10 books, but haven’t tried anything or applied anything and just doing research and research
- you need to stop and start applying
- a lot of people read about stocks, but never even start investing
- when I started learning about stocks and grab some cash and tried out what I learned
- now obviously I didn’t take all the money I had, I tried it out with a small amount that I could afford to lose
- and today with 100 you can literally by fractional shares of any company.
- funny stories
- the way I see books, is like having the ability to live someone entire life, without having to do all the mistakes
- I’ve read so many books, that I have the knowledge of men and women that centuries older than me, because some of them do obviously not hear any more
- And it’s also like adding files to your brain, so when a situation happens, you know what to do.